Welcome to wishhh.com!
I was born into a large family (as you can see here). When I was a boy, our family maintained a Christmas wishlist on the back of the kitchen door. Many years, marriages, children and grand-children later, the kitchen door approach outlived its effectiveness. Round about 2002, my family started using a bare-bones Web 1.0-style online wishlist service created by a friend of my nephew. In 2006, the creator of that service abandoned it. My brother-in-law Dan created a PC-based, networked app that we used for Christmas 2006. Inspired by the look and feel of Facebook, in early 2007, I decided to take the plunge and create wishhh.com with the following goals:
- to create a Web 2.0-style online wishlist service that would be permanently available to my family and friends;
- to make it available to the world;
- to make it easy to use, friendly and approachable;
- to make it significantly better and integrate many more features and functions than the prior services;
- to make it available year-round - for birthdays, anniversaries and other family events; and
- to generate ad-revenue if possible.
A public beta was up just prior to Christmas 2007. The rest is history.
As a labour of love, wishhh.com's functions and features will continue to grow and evolve as demand grows and time permits.
As I write this (November 2008), I'm also dabbling in iPhone application development. If that is succsesful I want to create a wishhh.com specific iPhone application so users can access this service from their iPhones while shopping. I also hope to integrate wishhh.com with Facebook. We'll see.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the site and recommend it to your friends and family.